Some administrators have a tough time figuring out how to reboot their server in Windows 2012.
This is mainly due to the absence of the Start menu, and also the shutdown option that has always existed on the start menu.
1. To power down or reboot your server, move your mouse to the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
2. Once done, Windows will display a series of icons along the right side of the screen.
3. Click the Settings icon and you will be taken to the Settings page, shown below.
4. The bottom row of icons includes a power button.
5. You can use this option to shutdown or reboot the server.