The following article below will demonstrate how to setup a POP account with Outlook 2007.
1. Open Outlook 2007 and select Tools, Account Settings, and on the Email tab, click the New button
2. Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click Next
3. Make sure that the Internet E-mail radio button is selected, and click Next to enter the following information:
- Your Name: First and Last Name (This is the name your recipients will see when you send mail)
- Email Address: Your Full Email Address (This is the Email address your recipients will see)
- Account Type: POP
- Incoming Server: secure.emailsrvr.com
- Outgoing server: secure.emailsrvr.com
- Username: Your full email address (e.g.,email@example.com)
- Password: Your email account password
4. Click on More Settings… Then on the Outgoing Server tab. Check the box My Outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Use same settings as my incoming mail server
5. Next click on the Advanced tab. First, check the box This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) and change the drop down box from None to SSL. Then ensure the Incoming server port is 995 and the Outgoing server port is 465
6. Click OK, Next, and then click Finish. Click the Close button and that’s it; you’re all done!
*Note: Using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer): SSL provides additional security to your E-mail communication. SSL encrypts your messages between your E-mail client and our servers. SSL is optional. The addresses provided will not work without SSL turned on. If you decide not to use SSL, please change your incoming server to pop.emailsrvr.com using port 110 and the outgoing server to smtp.emailsrvr.com using port 25, 587, or 8025
Click here to view this article as Oryon knowledge base video tutorial playlist.