The following article below will demonstrate how to setup a IMAP account with Outlook 2013.
1. In Outlook, select File and then Account Settings and Account Settings once again
2. Click on New… then select Manual setup or additional server types and click Next
3. Select POP or IMAP and click Next
4. Enter the following information:
• Your Name: First and Last Name (This is the name your recipients will see when you send mail)
• Email Address: Your Full Email Address (This is the Email address your recipients will see)
• Account Type: IMAP
• Incoming server: secure.emailsrvr.com
• Outgoing server: secure.emailsrvr.com
• User Name: Your Full Email Address (e.g., email@example.com), using all lowercase letters
• Password: Your email account password
5. Click on More Settings… Then on the Outgoing Server tab. Check the box My Outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Use same settings as my incoming mail server
6. Next click on the Advanced tab. First change Use the following type of encrypted connection: to SSL for both the Incoming and the Outgoing servers. Then, change the Incoming server port to 993 and the Outgoing server port to 465.
*Note: (Optional) If Outlook 2013 does not successfully map your Sent Items folder; enter “Inbox” in the Root folder path field here
7. Click OK and then Next. Outlook will test the settings. If Outlook is configured correctly there will be 2 green check marks on both tasks. Click Close then Finish. You have successfully setup Outlook 2013!
*Note: Using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer): SSL provides additional security to your E-mail communication. SSL encrypts your messages between your E-mail client and our servers. SSL is optional. The addresses provided will not work without SSL turned on. If you decide not to use SSL, please change your incoming server to imap.emailsrvr.com using port 143 and the outgoing server to smtp.emailsrvr.com using port 25, 587, or 8025