The following article below will demonstrate how to setup a imap account with Outlook 2010.
1. In Outlook, select File and then Account Settings and Account Settings once again
2. Click on New… then select Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click Next
3. Select Internet E-mail and click Next
4. Enter the following information:
• Your Name: First and Last Name (This is the name your recipients will see when you send mail)
• Email Address: Your Full Email Address (This is the Email address your recipients will see)
• Account Type: IMAP
• Incoming server: secure.emailsrvr.com
• Outgoing server: secure.emailsrvr.com
• User Name: Your Full Email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org), using all lowercase letters
• Password: Your email account password
5. Click on More Settings… Then on the Outgoing Server tab. Check the box My Outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Use same settings as my incoming mail server
6. Next click on the Advanced tab. First, check the box This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) and change the drop down box from None to SSL. Then ensure the Incoming server port is 993 and the Outgoing server port is 465
7. Click OK and then Next. Outlook will test the settings. If Outlook is configured correctly there will be 2 green check marks on both tasks. Click Close then Finish. You have successfully setup Outlook 2010!
*Note: Using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer): SSL provides additional security to your E-mail communication. SSL encrypts your messages between your E-mail client and our servers. SSL is optional. The addresses provided will not work without SSL turned on. If you decide not to use SSL, please change your incoming server to imap.emailsrvr.com using port 143 and the outgoing server to smtp.emailsrvr.com using port 25, 587, or 8025
Mapping your IMAP folders
Folders should sync automatically with an IMAP account; however, if for any reason they do not, perform the following steps:
1. Select your Inbox or top level folder of your email account and select IMAP Folders and then Query.
2. Select any folder you would like to be subscribed to by right-clicking and selecting Subscribe. Repeat these steps for all folders you would like to be subscribed to.
3. To unsubscribe to any folders, repeat the above steps and select Unsubscribe instead.
Note: If you’ve created any new folders through webmail and they aren’t displaying, right-click on your Inbox or top level folder of your email account and select Update Folder List.