To set up IMAP, perform the following steps:
1. Tap Settings
2. Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars
3. Tap Add Account
4. Tap Other
5. Tap Add Mail Account
6. Enter the following information in the spaces provided:
- Name: Enter your first and last name (This is the name that will appear in the “From” field of messages you send)
- Email: Enter your entire email address (e.g.,email@example.com)
- Password: Enter the password for your emailaccount
- Description: Enter a descriptive name for the account (e.g., Work Account). This description will be visible only to you.
7. Tap the Next button
8. Tap the IMAP button if it is not already selected
9. Enter the following information for BOTH the Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server sections:
- Host Name: Enter the secure server name: secure.emailsrvr.com
- User Name: Enter your entire email address (e.g.,firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Password: Enter the password for your email account
10. Tap the Save button
11. The device will verify settings and return to the Mail, Contacts, Calendars screen
Mapping Your Folders
Mapping your folders allows you to synchronize email across all your devices, email clients and the web. By default, some email clients and mobile devices create their own folders for Sent, Trash, Spam etc. You can map your Sent, Deleted, and Spam messages to their proper folders as well as access any sub-folders you’ve created by following the procedure below:
1. After you’ve set up your mail account, go back to your home screen and Tap your Mail icon.
2. Select the newly created Mailbox and let all your mail synchronize and then go back to your home screen.
3. From the home screen tap Settings, Mail, Contacts, Calendars, select your Account, and then select your Account one more time.
4. You’ll then tap Advanced located at the bottom, tap Drafts and on the next screen, select Drafts under the Server option.
Note: Repeat step number 4 for your Sent and Trash folders.
Note: You’ll see that all your sub-folders have populated under the Server option