The following article below will demonstrate how to setup a IMAP account with eM Client.
1. Open eM Client.
2. From the menu click on Tools, followed by Accounts and then select New Account.
3. In the New Account window click on Mail and select Other.
4. Under Identity enter your full email address (e.g.: email@example.com).
5. Under Incoming Server enter the following information:
- Select the type of incoming server you’re using: IMAP
- Incoming server: secure.emailsrvr.com
- For IMAP use 143 – SSL Disabled ( If SSL enabled Use 993)
- User name: Enter your full e-mail address (e.g.: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Password: Enter the password for this account.
6. Click Next.
7. Under Outgoing Server enter the following information:
Outgoing server: secure.emailsrvr.com
Outgoing SMTP port – 25, 587, 8025, or 2525 ( If SSL enabled use 465)
User name: Enter your entire e-mail address (e.g.: email@example.com).
Password: Enter the password for this account. This is the same password used for incoming mail.
[Note: If you are using SSL port numbers, kindly use server hostname for Incoming and Outgoing mail servers.]
8. Click Next.
9. eM Client will now test your settings. Once this has been done, click Next.
10. Under Account details enter the following information:
Your name: Enter the name that you would like recipients to see next to your e-mail address.
Account name: Enter your e-mail address.
Step 11: Click Next.
Step 12: Click Finish to save your settings.